Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/Oncology
Phoenix, AZ 85001
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 8 hours
Currently seeking an Oncology Nurse for a job opening in the Arizona area. The ideal candidate will possess a valid Registered Nurse license and at least 1 year of oncology experience.
Responsibilities of the Oncology Nurse
- Work with cancer patients, administer chemotherapy and medications as well as monitor their condition.
- Assist physician with exams and procedures.
- Administer medication
- Perform venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Document all elements of care.
- Communicate all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid level provider.
- Assess patient & family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrate awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
Requirements of the Oncology Nurse
- Valid Registered Nurse License
- Minimum of 1 year of oncology experience
- ONS chemo biotherapy card preferred but not required