Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/L&D
Plymouth, MA 02330
Labor and Delivery Nurse
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 36 HPW
Currently looking for a Labor and Delivery Nurse to fill job openings in the Massachusetts area. Interested candidates will hold an active RN license in specified state and possess at least 2 years of L&D experience. This individual will prepare women for birth, coach them through labor and assist doctors.
Responsibilities of the Labor and Delivery Nurses
- Provide support for the mother during labor.
- Monitor the fetal heart rate, and mother’ s vital signs.
- Perform diagnostic tests.
- Consult with physicians and other members of the care team.
- Assist with inducing labor.
- Coach the mother during delivery.
- Identify and assist with complications.
- Assist with various procedures, including Cesarean sections.
- Help administer epidurals and medications
- Monitor and perform tests on newborns.
- Provide education and support to mothers and families after delivery.
Requirements of the Labor and Delivery Nurses
- Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN Licensure
- At least 2 years of L&D experience
- BLS required