Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/ICU
Phoenix, AZ 85001
Critical Care/Intensive Care Nurse
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 12 hours
Currently looking for a ICU Nurse (RN) to fill an immediate vacancy in the Arizona area. The ideal candidate will posses a current and active RN 1+ year of experience in Critical Care in a hospital setting. This individual will excel at giving intensive therapy and intervention.
Responsibilities of the Critical Care/Intensive Care Nurse
- Assess a patient’ s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans.
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications.
- Order diagnostic tests.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Responsible for managing medication doses, anesthesia and ventilatory support.
- Responsible for patient advocacy.
- Perform other ICU Nursing duties as needed.
Requirements of the Critical Care/Intensive Care Nurse
- BSN preferred
- Current and active RN license
- At least 1 year of experience in Critical Care in a hospital setting
BLS Certification, ACLS Certification