Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/Home Health
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Home Health Care Nurse
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 8 hours
Currently seeking a Home Health Nurse (RN) for a job opening in the Oregon area. The ideal candidate will possess a current nursing license and at least 1 year of home health experience. This individual will work outside of a hospital in patients’ homes, providing care.
Responsibilities of the Home Health Care Nurse
- Provide home care to patients after illness, injury or surgery or with acute health conditions or patients who are being treated with pharmaceuticals.
- Provide a range of specialized nursing skills in home health care, including but not limited to Home Care Infusion Therapy and Wound Vac.
- Work towards helping patients regain their independence.
- Record, assess and observe patient progress, reactions and symptoms.
- Assess the needs of patient and develop plan of care based on assessment.
- Check vital signs of patients, give injections, administer medication and dress wounds.
- Educate patients in line with physician recommendations
- Monitor patients in restraint and seclusion and maintain patient safety.
- Document care in a patient record in accordance with agency, state and federal guidelines.
Requirements of the Home Health Care Nurse
- BSN or ASN required
- Current nursing license required
- 2 years of nursing experience required in a home health setting
- 1 year of Home Health Oasis experience required
- Must possess organization, problem-solving and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/caregivers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way