Registered Nurse (RN)/Travel/ER
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Length of Assignment: 3 months
Shift: 12 hours
Currently looking for experienced and energetic ER Registered Nurses (RN) for job openings in the California area. Interested candidates need to have 2 years of emergency room experience. This individual will recognize and solve life threatening health problems for a wide variety of patients who are experiencing trauma.
Responsibilities of the Emergency Nurse
- Treat patients in emergency situations where they’ re experiencing trauma or injury.
- Stabilize patients and minimize their pain.
- Treat a variety of conditions from sore throats to heart attacks for patients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Recognize life-threatening problems and are trained to help solve them on the spot.
- Manage basic life support needs and stabilize patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Record patient' s’ current vital signs.
- Obtain specimens for lab tests.
- Work in hospital emergency rooms, ambulances, helicopters, urgent care centers, sports arenas, and more.
- Educate patients on the prevention of injury.
Requirements of the Emergency Nurse
- Current RN Licensure
- Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
- At least 2 years of ER experience
- Solid Supervisory References
- BLS and ACLS required